- What do you want to study - looking at majors and what will fit best with your career plans
- Is the school military friendly - a key to making life easier on using benefits and understanding military schedules
- Will you get credit for military training
- Will credits transfer if I switch schools (only go to regionally accredited schools - and make sure they have a good reputation)
- What are school graduation rates - some are so low, you know you will not succeed - pick one that supports their students so they graduate. Don't burn your benefits and have nothing when you are done (see item 4)
- Along with item 5, what are the retention rates - how many make it year to year with a special focus on the freshman year retention
Go to the VA website and print this out - put all your schools you want to attend on a chart and compare them to make sure you are going to the right school for you!