So a quick review is in order on how to transfer your Post 9/11 GI Bill benefits! Find out more at the VA - http://www.gibill.va.gov/gi_bill_info/ch33/transfer.htm
- The military member must submit a transfer request at the https://www.dmdc.osd.mil/TEB site - they assign a transfer with the number of months for the program
- They need to specify the start date and end date in this request
- Once the transfer has been assigned to the spouse – they must submit the transfer request for approval
- They will see a Transfer Approved in their account
- Then the spouse must apply for a certificate of eligibility for our program on the VONAPS site http://vabenefits.vba.va.gov/vonapp/main.asp
- Then they just follow the regular GI Bill process
Pretty simple and straightforward which is truly the hallmark of military education benefits today.