Military

Military
Thank you for Serving

6.18.2010

End of Navy Ed

A comment was left on the blog about my concern, as a former navy pilot, that I wasn't getting more invitations to Navy Education Fairs. Turns out - they are not having any. The Navy is really cutting back on education support spending.

I have also heard from ESO's that they may centralize/automate their function. Just after those discussions I read about the Navy's new Virtual Education Center opening. Seems to be coming true and now they are cuttin education fairs?

I understand the cuts and the need to be lean and that technology can reduce the amount of manpower needed. But with an all volunteer force, it seems like education is a worthwhile investment to keep retention higher and recruiting costs lower. I don't think anyone works harder at making sure our service members feel appreciated than our ESO's

But that's just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment